CBDT has issued a notification today further extending few of the time limits of compliances under Taxation & Other Laws (Relaxation of Certain Provisions) Ordinance, 2020 as under:
- Due date for filing Income Tax Return for F.Y 2018-19 has been extended to 31st July, 2020
- Waiver of interest u/s 234A in cases where self assessment tax is upto Rs 1 lac
- Deductions under Ch-VIA like Sec 80C, 80D, 80G, etc can now be made upto 31st July, 2020
- The date for furnishing of TDS/TCS statements for the quarter ending on 31st March, 2020 has been extended to 31st July, 2020.
- The date of issuing TDS certificates is extended to 15th August, 2020